Motorola Mobility brings Motorola FIRE™ XT
Now there is no need to sacrifice design or function with the Motorola FIRE™ XT, the new, slim and budget-friendly Android™-powered smartphone from Motorola Mobility Italia. The Motorola FIRE XT gives users an engaging experience with its 3.5-inch, extra-bright touch-screen display, dual cameras for vivid video capture, and all the social networking you want. Motorola FIRE XT comes in dark titanium and is expected to be available from the end of November in Italy at the recommended retail price of 199 euro without contract, including tax.
Running on the latest version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread Motorola FIRE XT is the perfect balance of sleek design, affordability and intuitive functionality. Capture and share your memories in crystal clear clarity with its 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with built in flash. With the Qik Video Connect you can easily create videos and share with friends in real-time. You can also use the Qik app with the front-facing camera for video chatting. Typing text and email messages is faster and easier with the touch-screen keyboard. Plus, with access to leading social media applications users can stay in constant contact with friends and family.
The fashionable Motorola FIRE XT also offers unique personalisation options through the Moto Switch user interface that enables users to switch between friend and work-centric modes depending on what they’re doing.
“Smartphones have become integral, personal parts of users’ lives – that’s why Motorola believes they should be fun, fashionable and feature-packed,” said Paolo Prearo, general manager Mobile Devices Business, Motorola Mobility Italia. “Motorola FIRE XT is an affordable device that gives younger, fast-moving users everything they want from a top-quality smartphone.”
Motorola FIRE XT also has best-in-class battery life, allowing users to talk for up to eight hours or have 28 days of standby in 3G mode1. The battery can handle regular multitasking between apps, games and Web browsing, as well as heavy messaging. Users also have access to more than 250,000 apps from Android Market™.
Key Features and Specifications:
* Runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
* Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
* 3.5” HVGA display with capacitive multi-touch
* 5MP camera with auto-focus and built in flash
* Front-facing VGA camera for video call, chat and sharing
* Moto Switch UI allows users to shift to different modes
* 800MHz chipset
* 512MB onboard memory2
* 2 GB MicroSD card inbox; MicroSD slot expandable up to 32GB
* Access to Google Mobile™ Services (Google Maps™ with Navigation, Google Talk™, browsing)
* FM Radio with RDS support
* Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 5 clients3
* E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
* GPS, aGPS
* LED notifications
* 3.5mm Audio Jack
* 1540mAh battery, up to 8 hours of talk time and 28 days in standby in 3G mode1
For more information on Motorola FIRE XT please visit www.motorola.com/mobility. A video on Motorola FIRE XT+ can be found here.