Motorola PHOTON 4G smartphone
Offering a phone packed with a powerful balance of features to complement a consumer’s personal and professional life, Sprint (NYSE: S) and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) today announced the July 31 availability of Sprint’s first international 4G smartphone, Motorola PHOTON™ 4G. Motorola PHOTON 4G, featuring a 1GHz dual-core processor, will cost $199.99 (excludes taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement1.
Sprint Premier Customers will have the opportunity to purchase Motorola PHOTON 4G – online only – three days before the national launch, while supplies last. Customers who have elected to receive email notifications from Sprint will be notified of the details on July 28. Premier customers can also log on to their account at www.sprint.com on July 28, click “show me my rewards” and then “Sprint Premier Community” for additional details.
“Sprint is thrilled to build on the strength of our relationship with Motorola by bringing customers Motorola’s first Sprint 4G device with a dual-core processor,” said Fared Adib, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “Motorola PHOTON 4G brings our customers the latest in Android technology combined with enterprise-quality security for business users and international GSM capabilities for those who travel abroad. It is spectacular to bring yet another Sprint 4G device to our customers.”
Announced in early June, Motorola PHOTON 4G has already received praise from well-respected device critics:
* “I dig the way the PHOTON looks. The qHD screen is very nice indeed. Colors are rich, and the resolution was very good.” – PC World
* “It’s big, it’s businesslike…. Sprint’s brand-new Motorola PHOTON 4G will face down the HTC EVO 3D this summer in a battle of the high-end Android super-phones.” – PC Magazine
* “It’s a strong competitor and one that seems aimed equally at business customers as it is to regular consumers.” – GigaOm
Making Android Easy
Motorola PHOTON 4G is Sprint’s seventh Sprint ID-capable device. Sprint ID delivers a variety of apps, widgets, shortcuts, ringtones and wallpapers – designed to meet users’ specific mobile needs and interests – in a few simple clicks. Sprint ID packs are free to download with an Everything Data plan, and users can download five at once – including Professional (features tools to help busy professionals with travel plans, organization, communication), Green (tips to live a greener lifestyle), MTV Music ID (mobile music experience), HSN (shopping on the go) and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID Pack. To see all Sprint ID packs, visit www.sprint.com/sprintid.
Built with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Motorola PHOTON 4G, combined with Sprint’s 4G network, lets users browse, download and multitask at maximum speeds to support their busy lifestyles. Motorola PHOTON 4G provides an array of versatile tools, such as the Motorola webtop application, allowing users to access and create content from a larger screen while connected to a Motorola HD Station dock (available for purchase following device availability).
Additional features include:
* Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor with each core running at 1GHz and 1GB of RAM
* Large 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD (Quarter High Definition) display
* Supports critical IT device policies commonly requested by enterprises and governmental entities, including integration ease, cost-of-management and data security concerns
* Dual cameras – 8-megapixel, dual-LED flash camera with front-facing webcam and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
* Android Market™ for access to more than 200,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
* 16GB of onboard memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 48GB
* Worldphone capabilities to access emails, calendars and news from anywhere around the globe
* 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks