Thinnest and Most Powerful 4G LTE Qwerty Smartphone: DROID 4 by Motorola
Today at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) and Verizon Wireless introduced the new DROID 4 by Motorola, the thinnest and most powerful 4G LTE QWERTY smartphone offering the power and capabilities to handle even the most demanding lifestyles. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 190 markets. The DROID 4 will be in the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) as well as in the Motorola booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall, Booth #8644).
DROID 4 is deceivingly slim at half an inch thin – packing not only a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM, but also a five-row QWERTY keyboard with a PC-like layout and edge-lit keys for fast, precise typing, even in the dark. It’s Business Ready with government-grade encryption to keep data secure. It features software tools such as MotoCast™ for remote access to music, pictures and videos on home or work computers, Smart Actions application to automate everyday tasks and the revolutionary webtop application for a multi-window environment with full Firefox® browser on a larger screen to boost productivity while on the road. An 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture and Mirror Mode to display images and video on an HDTV, give DROID 4 users even more flexibility while at work or for play. DROID 4 delivers expected speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps within 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas for blazing fast Web browsing, video streaming and online collaboration.
A full suite of accessory options extends the power of DROID 4 and allows consumers to work however they work best. Accessories compatible with DROID 4 include the 10.1-inch Lapdock™ 100, 14-inch Lapdock 500 Pro with built-in webcam and Ethernet connection, HD Dock, HD Station and vehicle navigation mount.
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass
- MotoCast for remote streaming of photos, videos, music, documents, presentations and more from home or office computers
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot supporting up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Water-repellent nanocoating for splash resistance
- 16 GB on-board memory (actual formatted capacity is less); Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Business Ready with government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix® Receiver™ for Android (available in webtop) for desktop virtualization and access
The DROID 4 by Motorola will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com in the coming weeks.