Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility announce Android™-powered DROID X2
Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the second-generation Android™-powered DROID X2 by Motorola, designed for the consumer who does everything on their smartphone.
Fly through the Web with the DROID X2, which boasts Verizon Wireless’ first dual-core 1GHz processor for fast webpage loading and Adobe® Flash® Player, allowing customers to experience rich content online. The 4.3-inch scratch-resistant and anti-reflective qHD display delivers a sharp, clear view ideal for watching movies, typing emails and playing your favorite games. Never miss a moment using the 8-megapixel camera with continuous autofocus and stunning HD video capture. Use the new Gallery app to view, tag and post photos on sites like Flickr® and Facebook®, all from one place.
- Powered by Android 2.2, to be updated to Android 2.3
- Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
- Enterprise-ready with security and IT-grade policies, allowing you to use your DROID X2 for work and play
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Mobile Hotspot capability, allowing you to share your 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
Pricing and availability:
- The DROID X2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 19 and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on May 26for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- DROID X2 customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.