Seagate unveils Industry’s first 12TB Storage Server
Seagate (NASDAQ: STX) today introduced the industry’s highest-capacity, 4-bay and 2-bay, desktop network attached storage solutions to help data-intensive small business address evolving storage needs. The BlackArmor® NAS 440 network storage server and BlackArmor® NAS 220 network storage server, extend the capacity range of Seagate’s BlackArmor® family of storage solutions, enabling businesses to now scale from 1TB to 12TB to help keep pace with the growing stores of high-definition multi-media files and business critical data. Initially, both solutions will come pre-populated with 3TB drives in each bay¹ and will be offered exclusively for 30-days through Seagate.com and select online retailers. For the first 30 days, CDW will provide the 12TB BlackArmor NAS 440 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $1,899.99, and NewEgg will sell the BlackArmor NAS 220 6TB for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $649.99.
Both the BlackArmor® NAS 440 and BlackArmor® NAS 220 network storage servers are designed to help businesses with up to 50 employees and little or no IT support, centralize and secure data with maximum uptime by delivering:
* Software management tools that are compatible across the family to provide a consistent user experience and future growth path with minimal training or the need for additional support.
* Support for Microsoft® Active Directory 2000, 2003, 2008 for populating users and groups.
* Unparalleled security with powerful hardware-based encryption.
* Remote access with the included, web-based Seagate Global Access™ service and FTP functionality.
* Quick start features, ability to easily view or map shared volumes to a computer, or back up the PC from which you are working from, using the BlackArmor Discovery tool software, which automatically displays all BlackArmor NAS products connected to the network.
* Full-system backup and recovery helps protect everything on your PC’s hard drive including the operating system, programs and settings. In the event of a system crash or failure, your computer can be restored to a previous point in time with SafetyDrill+™ software.
* Event email notification to alert the user about status and changes to the server.
* Additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage devices, easily share a USB printer or connect an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to safeguard from power failure.
The BlackArmor NAS 440 server is configured with RAID 5 and ships with 10 backup software licenses out-of-the-box, while the BlackArmor NAS 220 server ships with RAID 1 configuration for automatic data mirroring and 5 backup software licenses. Additional licenses for both products can be purchased in 2 and 5 -set increments on Seagate.com.