Sony Ericsson unveils Xperia™ arc S
Sony Ericsson today unveiled Xperia™ arc S at Sony’s press conference in conjunction with IFA in Berlin. Taking the award-winning sleek design from Xperia arc*,the latest addition to the Xperia™ family has a processor upgraded to 1.4Ghz, Sony 3D sweep panorama technology and access to the Sony Entertainment Network services – “Music Unlimited” and “Video Unlimited”. Xperia™ arc S features 25% faster camera start up and media conversion , along with 20% faster web page rendering compared to Xperia™ arc.
Consumers with a 2011 Xperia™ smartphone are now able to enjoy “Music Unlimited” and “Video Unlimited” subject to market availability:
* “Music Unlimited” has a global catalogue of over 10 million unique songs**** with access to your personal music library and ad free radio channels across multiple devices.
* “Video Unlimited” (currently exclusive to Sony Ericsson Xperia™) is the ultimate source for the latest Hollywood blockbusters, all-time classics, and TV shows from all major studios.
Nikolaus Scheurer, Head of Product Marketing at Sony Ericsson said: “Xperia™ arc S is the fastest and most entertaining Xperia™ to date and it clearly demonstrates how the Xperia™ family are the best smartphones to experience great entertainment services such as Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited.”
In addition to these services, Xperia™ arc S includes best-in-class Sony technology such as 3D sweep panorama. 3D sweep panorama images can be captured and then viewed by connecting the phone to a 3D TV using the HDMI output.
Xperia™ arc S also has a visually brilliant 4.2” Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine, an 8.1mp camera with HD video capability and Sony’s award winning Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor that enhances still images and videos even in low light conditions.
Consumers also have access to a uniquely social entertainment experience of sharing and discovery with Facebook inside Xperia™, plus the extensive world of Android with over 250,000 applications.
Xperia™ arc S at a glance:
* Super fast 1.4 GHz processor
* 3D and 2D sweep panorama photography
* 8.1 MP camera with Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor
* 4.2“ Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
* Latest Android™ platform Gingerbread 2.3
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc S will be available globally in selected markets from Q4 2011.