Motorola launches QUENCH™ XT5 smartphone in India
Motorola Mobility India Private Limited today announced the launch of the QUENCH™ XT5 in India. With a winning combination of power, usability and style, the QUENCH XT5 is designed to bring to you the power of Android™ 2.1 and an easy and fun touch screen mobile Internet experience at an attractive price.
“As the Android-powered market in India continues to grow significantly, we remain committed to expand our portfolio of smartphones to deliver wider choices across price segments to the Indian consumer,” said Faisal Siddiqui, country head of India, Motorola Mobility. “The QUENCH XT5 showcases Motorola’s design heritage by offering a compelling differentiation from the traditional Android experience, giving people an easier way to enjoy messaging, web browsing and music. The value for money Motorola QUENCH XT5 is elegant and intuitive with a high style quotient, and comes with exciting offers from Aircel. In addition, you get an adidas jacket and two pairs of movie tickets absolutely free making it a truly delightful purchase!”
The slim and sleek QUENCH XT5 is just 12.5mm thin, weighs a featherweight 114grams, and fits naturally and easily into the palm of the hand with a comfortable soft-touch finish. The user can navigate the phone with either the bright, high-resolution 8.1cm (3.2inch) capacitive touch screen, or with just one hand using a convenient trackball that keeps the screen finger-free for easy viewing.
Pinch to zoom features, 3.5G speed4 and WiFi4 connectivity help the user surf the web4 effortlessly on the QUENCH XT5 and ensure that you’re always connected with friends and colleagues. A 5MP camera with digital zoom and LED flash ensures great pictures and videos that can easily be uploaded to your favourite social networking sites2&4.
The Motorola QUENCH XT5 supports the Android platform, a vast range of GoogleTM services4, and access to thousands of applications and widgets on Android MarketTM. An expanded search function helps the user to keep track of all data on the phone, such as bookmarks, web browsing history, contacts and more. It even helps you find data in applications, a useful feature in a phone with support for up to 32GB of storage and space for thousands of songs and dozens of hours of video2. Motorola’s winning design gives the QUENCH XT5 a premium feel at a price that’s right for everyone. There’s never been a better time to make the leap to a sleek, trendy, full-featured, Android-powered touch screen smartphone.
Key Features Include:
* A 5MP camera with digital zoom and LED flash
* Extras4 such as 3.5G4 and Wi-Fi access4, aGPS and stereo Bluetooth®3 make QUENCH XT5 a solid Android-powered device
* Supports varied music formats — MP3, MIDI, OGG VORBIS, PCM/WAV, AAC LC/LTP, AAC+, Enhanced AAC+
* Full HTML browser with Webkit for PC-like web browsing4
* Video: capture / playback / streaming, H.263, H.264, Mpeg-4
* MP3 player
* Preloaded social networking sites (e.g. Myspace / Facebook® )
* Expanded search function makes it easier to find information online or within the device to keep track of all data on the phone, such as bookmarks, web browsing history, contacts and more, serve up Google SearchTM results based on location4, or launch applications
* The trackball allows browsing through menus and web pages without obstructing the screen
* Size: 116 x 56.8 x 12.5mm
* Memory is expandable up to 32GB; 2GB SD card in-box
* 3.5mm (0.35cm) headset jack
Pricing and Availability
The Android 2.1-powered QUENCH XT5 is available in association with Aircel in India at an attractive Best Buy price5 of Rs 13,990 (MRP: Rs 15,990). With every Motorola QUENCHXT5, you get a 2GB SD card in-box and an attractive Aircel Offer1.You can choose any one Aircel offer1:-
* Get an Aircel Prepaid connection and enjoy up to 9GB download to be consumed in three months PLUS 150 Aircel to Aircel local minutes. To activate this offer, please SMS ‘SMART PI’ to 54343 from your Aircel number or,
* Get an Aircel Postpaid connection and enjoy up to 1GB per month download for six months. To activate this offer visit the nearest Aircel Store1
For additional information, please visit www.motorola.com/in or call 1800 3000 4343 or email [email protected]