Canon unveils new flagship XEED projector
Canon today unveiled a new flagship model in its high-performance XEED projector range. The WUX4000 is Canon’s first XEED projector to feature lens options and motorised lens shift.
Canon sets new standard for installation projectors with the flagship XEED WUX4000
* Canon today unveiled a new flagship model in its high-performance XEED projector range. The WUX4000 is Canon’s first XEED projector to feature lens options and motorised lens shift.
* Combining exceptional image quality and high performance with easy maintenance, the WUX4000 is the ideal solution for corporate environments, higher education establishments and design applications, positioning Canon right at the cutting edge of the professional AV market.
XEED image quality
* The XEED WUX4000 takes advantage of Canon’s well-established LCOS panel technology, delivering faithful colours and lattice-free images at native WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels).
* With a brightness of 4000 lumens and 1000:1 contrast ratio, the Canon WUX4000 excels with photographic images, where its vivid colours clearly outperform many other WUXGA installation projectors.
* The WUX4000’s native WUXGA resolution has a 16:10 screen aspect ratio, making it ideal for use with today’s generation of PC and Macintosh notebook computers.
Supporting a wide range of installation environments
* The WUX4000 is Canon’s most flexible projector to date, designed to meet the needs of the widest possible range of installation environments.
* The WUX4000 is complemented by a range of three optional lenses: a standard zoom lens (RS-IL01ST), a long zoom lens (RS-IL02LZ) and a fixed-focus wide angle lens (RS-IL03WF)
* Crucially for installers, the WUX4000’s motorised horizontal and vertical lens shift allows the projected image to be repositioned without the reduction in image quality caused by the use of keystone correction.
Easy to maintain with low running costs
* The WUX4000 is optimised for easy maintenance, with a modular design that allows the lamp and air filter to be replaced with the unit in situ.
* Quiet Mode, which lowers operating noise to just 36dBA, also extends the lifespan of the lamp from 3000 hours up to a maximum of 4000 hours.
Easy to integrate and connect
* The WUX4000 supports PJLink, a standard protocol designed to simplify the installation of projectors and control systems from different manufacturers. This makes it easy to integrate Canon’s WUX4000 into mixed environments, or to upgrade from existing systems that are already in place.
* The WUX4000 can also be connected directly to a network for control and monitoring and is supplied with a remote handset that can be programmed to operate on any of four different infra-red channels.
XEED WUX4000 key features
* Native WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels) and Full HD capability (1080p)
* LCOS technology for seamless images
* 4000 lumens and 1000:1 contrast ratio
* Motorised vertical and horizontal lens shift, zoom and focus
* Three lens options
* DVI port and HDMI™ Connector for digital image input
* Network port for control and monitoring, PJLink compatible
The Canon XEED WUX4000 will be available across Europe from April 2011.