LifeSize unveils new way to deliver and access HD video - live or on demand
LifeSize Communications, a division of Logitech (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), has announced LifeSize® Video Center, an innovative new video capture and broadcast system that enables high definition video to be accessible everywhere – live or on demand. Before today, businesses wanting to broadcast video and data to large audiences over the Internet have been forced to use solutions that are expensive, cumbersome, and of poor quality. With LifeSize Video Center, organizations now have the ability to instantly stream, record and auto-publish video, audio and data content, with unparalleled simplicity and at dramatically reduced cost.
The LifeSize Video Center appliance is specifically designed to process HD video directly where it is created, harnessing the power of LifeSize 220 series HD video communications systems. The architecture is the industry’s first solution to enable an unprecedented 20 concurrent recordings in HD, 1000 simultaneous live streams and up to 350 simultaneous on-demand streams, all in crisp, 720p30 HD video.*
“With its extraordinary performance at a price point that is within reach of any organization, LifeSize Video Center truly delivers on our commitment to drive innovation and make video communication easy and accessible to anyone, anywhere,” said Craig Malloy, chief executive officer of LifeSize Communications. “LifeSize Video Center’s revolutionary one-touch HD streaming, recording, and auto-publishing capabilities can enable customers to develop innovative new applications of visual communications.”
LifeSize Video Center provides automatic, intelligent operation for network administrators, content-creators and viewers alike. With its one-button recording, ‘choose your view’ functionality, and intuitive UI, users can immediately play back HD video from the Web-based portal.
“The LifeSize Video Center is a paradigm shift for streaming, recording and publishing HD video,” said Roopam Jain, principal analyst, conferencing and collaboration, Frost & Sullivan. “Not only does it enable users to record at the touch of a button for on-demand viewing, but also enables organizations to stream live and automatically publish 100s of HD videos simultaneously.”
Transforming corporate communications and training
“LifeSize Video Center is a revolutionary approach to recording and streaming vital information in one simple device,” said Brady Dreasler, director of capital, engineering, and facilities, Quincy Newspapers, Inc. “This product is going to change the way we deliver executive communications and corporate training to our remote offices.”
Technology enriches learning
“LifeSize Video Center is exactly what we’ve been looking for at Gateway Technical College,” Jeff Robshaw, chief information officer and vice president, learning innovation division. “We were searching for an easy-to-use video solution that is easy to administer. The LifeSize Video Center will expand our instructional toolbox and enable us to reach our students wherever they are and on their own schedules. It’s all about flexible learning options and this product really delivers.”
Extending expertise anytime, everywhere
LifeSize Video Center enables any size organization to reach its audience quickly and efficiently, in high definition:
* Executive and corporate communication: communicate with employees across the organization and around the world
* Training: provide employees the flexibility to view HD training sessions wherever they are, whenever they are available
* Education and distance learning: broadcast and record classes at the press of a button. Bring faculty to remote students, without compromises in quality
Other key features of LifeSize Video Center include:
* Push Button Recording: record and auto-publish from LifeSize 220 series HD video communications systems with one button
* Auto-Publish Capability: organize content automatically via recording keys
* User Controlled Layout: viewers easily switch between layouts of video and presentations, during recording and playback
* Flexibility: record and stream, either in-call or out-of-call for playback live or on demand
* Intelligent Management: Web portal content automatically customized based on user permission
* Administrator Control: set up, access and monitor effectively through an intuitive, centralized UI
Pricing and Availability
LifeSize Video Center will be globally available May 2010 for $29,999 U.S. MSRP.