Verizon Wireless and Samsung announce the availability of Samsung Reality
Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), today announced the Samsung Reality™ will be available on April 22. The sleek and stylish Samsung Reality, available in two color options – Piano Black and City Red – sports a three-inch touch screen display, full horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard, customizable widgets, and multiple messaging options.
The Samsung Reality supports Samsung’s unique TouchWiz interface, which offers designed widgets that allow customers to customize and personalize their phones. . The Communities widget allows customers to update social networking sites, post pictures and upload videos to YouTube™ and other Web sites instantly. The Samsung Reality also features one-touch widgets, which provide instant access to favorite Web sites on the phone’s full HTML Web browser.
Key features and specifications:
- 3 inch WQVGA (240 x 400) full touch screen
- Horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
- 3.2 megapixel camera with Night Shot Mode; single, multi, panorama, mosaic and frame shot modes; and video capture capabilities
- Photo editing features, including Dynamic Canvas, which supports flash animations in pictures
- Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, Dial Up Networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, File Transfer and serial port
- Corporate Email (formerly RemoSync) support for Microsoft Office Exchange so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office e-mail
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 16 GB (card purchased separately)
- Access to social networking services
- VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
- Visual Voice Mail – Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions
- Media Center – Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Personal organizer and tools with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
- The Samsung Reality will be available on April 22 at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- To get the most from the Samsung Reality, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and purchase a data package beginning at $9.99 per month for 25 megabytes with Mobile Email.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.