Corel® PaintShop Photo™ Pro X3, the latest version of photo editiong program
Corel Corporation (NASDAQ:CREL) (TSX:CRE) today announced Corel® PaintShop Photo™ Pro X3, the latest version of its renowned photo editing program, that brings advanced photo management, editing and creative tools together to deliver everything the photo enthusiast needs in one package. Combining professional quality tools for organization and photo editing along with burning, sharing, and for the first time, high definition (HD) video capabilities, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 has been developed to meet the evolving workflow needs of today’s digital photographer.
Complements DSLR Cameras, Provides New Creative Possibilities for Photographers
As high-performance DSLR and megazoom cameras have become mainstream, hobbyists have a wealth of creative options to explore their passion for photography. But the power of these cameras also presents challenges: amateur photographers are shooting more images than ever and image file sizes continue to grow, making organization and management a critical part of the digital photographer’s process. With these large collections of images, users need new ways to speed and simplify the selection and enhancement process. They also want to work with the HD video that’s now popular in their media mix. Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 stands apart from other applications by combining editing, photo management and creative projects in a unique way that meets the needs of today’s enthusiast digital photographer.
“Photo enthusiasts are taking advantage of the amazing quality and power of today’s DSLR cameras and as a result, they need workflow and editing tools that were previously only available in professional photo applications,” said Craig Copley, Senior Product Manager for Corel PaintShop Photo Pro. “Now with Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3, organization, editing and creative projects have come together in a single, affordable package. Whether you’re quickly sorting and rating your favorites out of hundreds of photos or sharing using Facebook or Flickr, it’s never been faster to create professional-looking results.”
Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Highlights
* All-new Organizer: The new integrated Organizer includes tools for rating, tagging, locating and quickly touching up image files. The Organizer also makes it easy to select images and view them in multiple ways. In just a few clicks, RAW images can be converted to another format for posting, photo sharing or printing.
* Multi?photo Adjustments: Editing and enhancing is faster than ever now that changes made to an image can be captured and easily applied to multiple photos, removing the tedium of making the same changes over and over again.
* Smart Carver: Quickly achieve impressive results by seamlessly and realistically removing objects and scaling without distorting the image.
* Express Lab: Bringing the most used tools together in one place, the Express lab now adds Color Balance, Local Tone Mapping, Contrast/Brightness, Sharpen and One Step Noise Removal.
* Camera RAW Lab: Supporting more than 350 RAW formats, the new RAW Lab makes it easy to adjust a variety of settings, such as white balance, exposure, brightness and saturation before processing. Adjustments made to any RAW image can be copied and applied to other RAW images in the Organizer.
* Object Extractor: It’s quick and easy to precisely mask fine image details that are otherwise difficult to preserve – even challenging cases such as fly?away hair, wisps of smoke and tree branches.
* Project Creator: This one?stop tool makes it easy to create, edit and share projects. Produce photo books, collages, cards, calendars and photo slideshows including HD video in a few clicks. Share to YouTube™, Facebook® or Flickr®. Photo projects can also be printed through Corel’s online print service.
Familiar Favorites Plus New Photo-Painting Features
In addition to a number of new and enhanced features, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 continues to offer the advanced photo editing power of favorite features including HDR Photo Merge, Local Tone Mapping, Curves and Levels adjustments, Perspective Correction, plus tools including the Learning Center that help new photo enthusiasts get familiar with the application and create great results fast. Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 also includes Corel® Painter™ Photo Essentials 4 to get started with digital art. Offering the unique Auto-Painting palette, Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 enables users to create a stunningly realistic work of art from a photo in just three easy steps.
For more product information and case studies, please visit www.corel.com/takethenextstep
Pricing and Availability
The product can be purchased as an electronic software download (ESD) today from www.corel.com.au and boxed software will be shipping to Asian-Pacific retailers in February.