Dell updates commercial OptiPlex line with new small form factor PCs
Dell announced today that it has updated its commercial line of OptiPlex desktops with new small form factor PCs that provide business and organizations of all sizes a robust, energy efficient platform for flexible, secure and reliable desktop computing.
The new desktop systems demonstrate Dell’s commitment to customer-inspired design and solutions that scale for future growth with long-life-cycle support options and the ability to support alternative computing environments such as Dell’s Flex Computing Solutions – Virtual Remote Desktop and On-Demand Desktop Streaming environments.
Dell OptiPlex 780 USFF — The World’s Smallest Fully Functional Commercial Desktop
Dell’s new OptiPlex 780 Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF) is the world’s smallest fully functional commercial desktop with integrated power supply and Intel vPro technology.1 This mainstream desktop PC is ideal for space constrained environments providing durable, ‘mount anywhere’ options and a simplifying all-in-one stand. Other product highlights include;
* Scalability of processing power, graphics and hard drives with the latest generation of Intel Core2 Duo technology;
* Support for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista and XP; along with Ubuntu Linux support in select countries;
* Image stability and long-lifecycle (15-month) support as part of Dell’s Global Standard Platform program, help minimize maintenance changes that slow productivity;
* Advanced systems management options including Intel vPro technology;
* Security and data protection options such as full disk encryption and built-in Trusted Platform module (TPM) help organizations protect their assets, safeguard data and meet compliance regulations2; and,
* Environmentally friendly with up to 90 percent efficient power supplies, Energy Star 5.0, EPEAT Gold compliance.
The Dell OptiPlex 780 USFF is available for order today at prices starting from $629 USD. More details are available at www.dell.com/optiplex.
Dell OptiPlex 380 USFF — Essential Productivity, Stability and Optimized Costs
Designed for customers in emerging countries and businesses looking for cost-efficient productivity solutions with room to expand as their businesses grow, the OptiPlex 380 provides platform stability and systems management tools, security options and an easy to service enclosure. The new OptiPlex 380 family is available in three form factors – Minitower, Desktop and Small Form Factor – providing greater flexibility with more form factor options than the HP Compaq dx2400 and the Lenovo ThinkCentre A58. Other highlights include:
* Scalability of processing power, graphics and hard drives including latest generation of Intel Core2 Duo technology;
* Support for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP; along with Ubuntu Linux support in select countries;
* Easy to service chassis, with tool-less components and DirectDetect LED diagnostic lights;
* Remote system management with Dell Client Manager; and,
* Up to 88 percent efficient power supplies, Energy Star 5.0, EPEAT Gold compliant.
The OptiPlex 380 is available for order today at prices starting from $329 for the new Desktop, $339 for the Minitower, and $349 USD for the Small Form Factor. More details are available at www.dell.com/optiplex.
Dell Services including Dell ImageDirect, Hardware Customization (CFI), Dell ProSupport3 and Distributed Device Manager (DDM) make these systems easy to manage, support, and deploy. Dell also offers a robust set of services for business and organizations looking to migrate to Windows 7. These services address application compatibility, optimizing deployment, and security.