DChoc cafe for games. Go play!Aug 7th, 2007 | By Editor | Category: Gaming, Internet
Digital Chocolate, Inc., a leading publisher of high-quality, original software for mobile phones, today announced the launch of DChoc Café Series, a revolutionary new suite of games that merges casual, well-known titles with social networking elements, designed to virally drive new users to mobile gaming.
Global carrier launches for the DChoc Café Series are now underway for more than 100 operators. Games in the series are already available on 3, AT&T and T-Mobile. Additional operators and partners expected to launch DChoc Café games over the next several weeks include Alltel, Nokia (including the new N-game platform), O2, Orange, Telefonica, SFR, Sony Ericsson, Sprint, Telecom New Zealand, Telstra, Virgin Mobile and Vodafone.
Games in the DChoc Café Series include casual games typically found or played at a café or other neighborhood meeting place. The Café Series allows players to create personalized characters, form exclusive cafés and invite friends to join, and earn points to unlock bonus items for their characters and upgrades for their community café. Complete with community scoring, players are rewarded for playing well, and cafés can compete against each other.
The first five games available in the DChoc Café Series include:
- DChoc Café Sudoku –The next generation of Sudoku with infinite puzzles, players can choose from five difficulty levels with a progressive help system and view in-game animated tutorials and hints to best the competition.
- DChoc Café Kakuro – The latest puzzle craze out of Japan and the mathematical equivalent of crosswords, DChoc Café Kakuro features an infinite number of puzzles for endless replay value, three difficulty settings to accommodate all player levels and an intuitive tutorial so players can master the game.
- DChoc Café Hold’em Poker – With the most features of any mobile poker game, Digital Chocolate’s version includes tournaments, cash games and all three Hold’em limit variations. DChoc Café Hold’em Poker has three game modes that allow players to compete against 16 unique opponents or switch game modes to play with friends. Players can improve their strategy with a personal Poker Trainer, or view the Player Profiler to track and analyze their style.
- DChoc Café Mahjong – The ultimate Mahjong experience, this version of the game has more than 100 challenging levels and four game modes. In DChoc Café Mahjong, players can get a leg up on the competition with an animated tutorial, easily select tiles with ‘smart controls’ to clear the board and win, and track their stats and compare their awards with friends.
- DChoc Café Solitaire – With 13 games in one, including Klondike, FreeCell and Tri Peaks, DChoc Café Solitaire assembles the most game options for a mobile phone. DChoc Café Solitaire lets players choose from three different themes to personalize their card decks, watch animated tutorials to help players ace any game version, and feature intuitive double-click card-move controls that show possible moves.
The DChoc Café Series’ cross-selling function allows players to purchase new games in the series directly from other DChoc Café Series’ games. Digital Chocolate will continually add new games to the series.
In support of the game series, Digital Chocolate has launched a Web site, www.dchoccafe.com, where consumers can play free trials of the games. Interested customers can access additional information about the games, download free demo versions for their phones, watch videos and invite friends to learn more.