Timex + iPod = iControlAug 2nd, 2007 | By Editor | Category: Accessories, Apple
Sports training in the modern world just received a boost… of bass. Timex, the nation’s leading watch manufacturer, today unveiled the iControl ™ watch, a functionally advanced sports watch that also serves as a wireless operating device for Apple’s iPod. The iControl also works with Apple’s iPhone when the phone is in airplane mode.
The newest addition of Timex’s famed Ironman* collection which continues to be the standard against which sports watches are measured, the iControl wirelessly syncs with a user’s iPod for convenient music control during any activity. Equipment designed to work with a body in motion, iControl is sleek, light-weight and water-resistant.
"The days of fumbling for your iPod in mid-stride are over,” said Heberto Calves, Vice President of Sports Marketing. “iControl offers cutting edge technology and contemporary design, in addition to the functional quality and durability people have come to expect from Timex.”
iControl remains true to the sports functionality of the Timex Ironman watch, the preferred brand of elite endurance athletes across the globe, and boasts the following:
- iPod controls : Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, Track Forward/Back
- 50-lap memory recall chronograph
- Training log stores current workout with date, best lap and average lap
- Multi-mode countdown timer
- 2 interval timers for speed and endurance training
- 3 customizable alarms for daily, weekday and weekend settings
- INDIGLO® night-light with NIGHT-MODE® feature
- 3-year battery life (need POC)
- 100m water resistance (need POC)
It is offered in combinations of gray and black, as well as pink, blue, orange and green. iControl retails for $125 (approx 5,500).