JVC launches 3CCD CamcorderJul 19th, 2007 | By Editor | Category: Companies
JVC announced the launch of a new consumer high definition camcorder that combines a 3-CCD image sensor, high definition 1440 x 1080 recording and embedded 60GB hard disk storage in a compact size that fits in the palm of the hand.
The new HD Everio GZ-HD3 follows the launch earlier this year of the high definition HD Everio GZ-HD7, which combined the pristine image quality of high definition with the convenience and high capacity of recording to a built-in hard drive. With the new GZ-HD3, JVC brings these same benefits to a wider audience in a palm-sized camcorder that’s easy to carry and offers point-and-shoot simplicity.
Main Features of the HD Everio GZ-HD3
- 3-CCD Camera System for 1440×1080 HD Recording
- Built-in 60GB HDD for 7 Hours of HD Recording: In addition to an SP mode that allows up to about seven hours of HD recording, the GZ-HD3 is also equipped with an XP mode that records at a higher bit rate for those extra special scenes. There’s also a 1440CBR mode, which is convenient for those who wish to edit using HDV-compatible software.
- Compact Body; Simple Controls: To make it easy to take the GZ-HD3 anywhere, the palm-sized camcorder features a lightweight, compact body 27 percent smaller than the GZ-HD7, and weighing a mere 1.5 lbs. It also offers point-and-shoot simplicity so no crucial scenes are missed, plus manual controls for more ambitious users.
- Full Complement of Interfaces: JVC equipped the GZ-HD3 with a wide range of interface terminals, including HDMI and component outputs so HD footage can be viewed on the latest HDTV displays. And standard AV-S terminals that output a down-converted SD signal provide connectivity to ordinary standard definition TVs. USB and i.LINK connectors are included for transferring recordings to a personal computer for editing.
- PC-less Archiving Using Exclusive DVD Burner: By connecting the GZ-HD3 directly to the optional CU-VD40 HD Everio SHARE STATION via USB, the user can burn HD footage to 12cm DVD discs to make backups and permanent archives of selected scenes in any desired order with just a few simple steps. Approximately 55 minutes of SP mode-recorded HD footage can be stored on 8.5GB dual layer DVD disc. The CU-VD40 can also be used with the GZ-HD7, and plays back in HD via HDMI or component, and in standard definition as well.
- Bundled HD Editing CyberLink BD Solution: Software for Windows, Plug in for Mac Using the supplied software, it is possible to view and edit HD footage on a Windows® PC, as well as author that footage to DVD and Blu-ray discs. A plug-in is also provided that allows Mac users to import the HD footage into editing applications like iMovie HD and Final Cut Pro.
The JVC HD Everio GZ-HD3 will be available in early September, and will sell for about $1,300 (approx Rs. 55,000).
Tags: CCD, JVC, Camcorder, DVD