Epson introduces low-cost projector solution engineered for flexible installation
Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today launched the Epson PowerLite(R) G5000, the latest in Epson’s line of installation projectors designed to provide flexibility, performance and easy installation for executive boardrooms and educational institutions. Offering XGA resolution and 4,000 lumens white light output and 4,000 lumens color light output(2), the network-ready PowerLite G5000 utilizes industry-leading 3LCD technology to deliver advanced image quality and powerful visual presentations.
The PowerLite G5000 provides easy installation using greater positioning flexibility with a centered lens design, vertical/horizontal lens shift mechanism, and Quick Corner(R), an adjustment tool allowing for individual corner manipulation to fit the image to the screen. This new projector is also engineered to interface and integrate with sophisticated programming and controller applications, as well as work with modules and drivers for industry-leading systems, including touch-panel screens and multiple content devices.
“The PowerLite G5000 represents Epson’s commitment to creating high-quality projection technology that produces astounding quality, reliability and precision control,” said Edgar Jimenez, associate product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “The easy maintenance and low cost of ownership features, coupled with powerful projection technology, make this an ideal choice for cost-sensitive installations that require professional performance.”
To assist with greater flexibility, the Epson PowerLite G5000 provides Epson Easy Management(TM) as well as RJ-45 connectivity, which gives system administrators the power to remotely monitor and control the projector via the network. In addition, the projector offers one-touch filter replacement for convenient maintenance, saving time even on installed units, and easy side lamp access for quick lamp replacements, all resulting in a low total cost of ownership.
More about the PowerLite G5000
• Epson 3LCD Technology - Features Epson’s latest, 3-Chip LCD optical engine to deliver amazing color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides true-to-life image quality using an optical engine that works without a spinning color wheel so there’s no possibility of “rainbows” or color break-up, delivering true-to-life color registration, as well as crisp and detailed video and data images
• Closed Captioning - Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost
• Flexible Lens Positioning - Centered lens design, vertical and horizontal lens shift mechanism and 1.8x wider zoom standard lens allow integrators to easily position the projector and screen in any environment
• Adjustable Image - Quick Corner allows for individual corner manipulation in order to fit an image to the screen, even in the most challenging installation locations; also includes 30-degree tilt operation for single off-axis installation
• High Contrast Ratio - Offers a 1000:1 contrast ratio for greater shadow detail
• Direct On and Off - For powering an installed projector on and off with a flip of a power switch
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite G5000 is $2,499 estimated street price and is currently available through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. The projector includes a two-year limited warranty with two elite technical support services - Epson PrivateLine phone support for projector owners to directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day.