MyWeather Mobile - one of Apple’s top Apps of 2008 gets even better
MyWeather Mobile, the most comprehensive weather application available for the iPhone(TM) and iPod Touch(TM), was recognized as the top paid weather application by Apple iTunes “Top 100 Apps of 2008.” Since its release, MyWeather Mobile by MyWeather LLC(R), an industry-leading developer of digital weather and traffic content, has built a loyal following of weather fanatics across the country. These users have been instrumental in providing feedback to MyWeather, which has responded with the latest version 1.3, a compelling new release that incorporates significant changes.
Key New Features:
– Heads Up Display — Customize your maps and use the heads up display to
control terrain settings (road or aerial), overlay (radar or satellite
with radar), opacity, and play/pause loop (much faster over Edge)
– Time Stamp on Radar — View the time stamp of the radar and satellite
loop in the heads up display
– Animated Satellite — View animated satellite with radar
– Data Caching — View previously cached weather conditions when a
network connection is not available
– Unit Conversion — Choose inches or millibars of pressure or Celsius or
– Notification alert when there is a loss of network coverage (cellular
In addition to these new features, MyWeather Mobile combines stunning, high-quality animated radar with Microsoft(R) Virtual Earth(TM) technology, letting users view weather conditions at any location around the country. Turning the phone horizontally allows users to pinch, flick, zoom, and double tap the map down to the street level. As part of this new update, MyWeather updated its product logo to reflect our emphasis on continual improvement.
“User experience has been our focus from day one, and customer feedback has been instrumental in shaping this revolutionary application,” said Terry Kelly, CEO MyWeather, LLC and sister company, Weather Central, Inc.